smaller green smoothie

This is my new favorite green smoothie, for now.  (they usually last a few weeks before tweaking again).   It's not very sweet, which I like.  If you are new to this or prefer sweet smoothies, use spinach only and add a banana or grapes, and maybe even a date or two.

Ingredients:
4 oz greens (collards, kale, spinach, parsley, whatever you got that's a leafy green)
1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1 Tbsp flaxseed, ground in a coffee grounder (optional)
1 package frozen berries (8-10 oz), any kind, vary them
throw in your vitamins if you wish--I throw in my DHA supplement too
2 Tbsp sunflower seeds (optional)

Put the sunflower seeds, supplements, flaxseeds and OJ at the bottom.  then put the greens on top.  then blend.   once the stuff at the bottom gets blended, start smashing the greens in.  once that's all blended, add the berries.  This makes 2 8-oz glasses.  Right now, I like having one at breakfast with an apple and one at dinner with something else.   My big meal is at lunch.   I prefer this to one big smoothie as a meal, at least when I'm at home.  On the road, a big smoothie is very convenient. 

Blog Archive