Nov. 14 food

Breakfast:  apple, banana, 1 oz walnuts.  I've been away from home for breakfast pretty much every day this week, so this is an easy breakfast away from home.  When I got home, I also ate some mushrooms (fresh from the grocery store).

Lunch:  bowl of leftover soup from yesterday.   at least 2 bowls of a sweet potato dish.  1 oz brazil nuts.  The sweet potato dish was from the Fuhrman forums, called Sweet Potato Apple Bake.  It has sweet potatoes, apples, cranberries, raisins, and orange juice.  I thought the cranberries were going to be yucky but they were great.  I ate too much of it.  I overate.  

Dinner:   bowl of salad greens and mushrooms--too lazy to make dressing so just ate it with my hands like snackfood.  I kind of prefer this, much easier.   2 small oranges.  another bowl of sweet potato dish.    doesn't seem like much but I ate a lot of sweet potatoes today and was overly full.  I finished dinner before 6 pm and wasn't hungry until 10 am the next morning (today as I write this).  

NOTE:  edited a few days later:  I learned on the Fuhrman forums that Dr. Fuhrman doesn't recommend eating raw mushrooms because they might be carcinogenic; they contain a toxic substance called agaratine, whatever that is.   I think this is one of those, who knows, things but since I'm pretty much willing to do whatever Fuhrman suggests, I'll stop eating them.  I was eating probably a pound of them a week!  It's disappointing to take them off the list as they were a great snack.  He says they are okay cooked.

Blog Archive