nov 17 food

Breakfast (was out so brought it with me):  small banana, small apple, 1.5 oz walnuts, sunflower seeds & brazil nuts (total), some grapes and strawberries (after grocery shopping).

Lunch:  steamed cauliflower and broccoli topped with this week's soup (creamy lentil).  This was really good.  The soup is so rich and thick I prefer it as a topping than a soup.  And this way I got my veggies in too.  For some reason this meal felt like more of a treat eating this way than eating the vegetables and soup separately.  It felt like a fabulous entree at a restaurant.  Psychology is funny but I just go with what works.  For dessert I had an orange.   I didn't overeat for once.    I realize I can have this every day this week so no need to eat it all at once.  And eating too much beans is regrettable even 15 minutes later as it starts expanding in my stomach.

Dinner:  a carrot, a piece of celery, 1 oz brazil and pistachio nuts.  a spinach-berry smoothie, similar to this one, only it had strawberries and just a half bag of blueberries and orange juice and no flaxseed.  I decided I don't like flaxseed in my smoothies.  it's fine when you eat it right away, but it gets slimy if you freeze the smoothie and thaw it out later.  

I also decided I'm in the mood for berry spinach smoothies this week because they taste really good and fruity.  They are too filling at breakfast so maybe for breakfast I'll have a salad!  I might try greens, fruit and nuts and see what happens.  if it's boring I can make a salad dressing.  more on that tomorrow.

Blog Archive