Salad with apples & cranberries

This is the best salad I've ever eaten, at home or at any restaurant.   Am I exaggerating?  Well, maybe all salads taste like the best salad I've ever eaten.  Salads are good.  This was also very easy to fix.

Ingredients:
lettuce and/or mixed greens (I make a large plate's worth)
an apple (or two or three if they are small)
some cranberries (1-2 handfuls).
1/4 tsp cinnamon
some chopped fresh red bell pepper (optional, I just happened to have one and it's good)

Peel and slice the apples.  Put in a bowl with  the cinnamon and cranberries, and microwave for a minute or two.  I have a low-power microwave, so I do it for 2 minutes, stir and let sit for a few minutes, then microwave for another 2 minutes, let sit for a few minutes.  Then the cranberries are nice and soft and mixed with the apple juice and cinnamon.

Top the lettuce with the cranberry-apple mixture, red bell pepper, and lots of cashew-orange dressing.    A great late-fall recipe!   This would be a good Thanksgiving treat.

Blog Archive