food last few days

I'm getting tired of thinking about food and writing about food and eating food.  I think it's because I've been cooking a lot for my cooking class, which I enjoy, don't get me wrong (in case one of my students reads this), but then I bring home all these leftovers and have too much food and have to try to eat it all.  We had to eat four kinds of soup after last week's class.  Housemate finished off two of them.  We got down to one bowl left and we just couldn't do it.  It sat in the fridge all weekend and I threw it out tonight.  so I'm going to make this short.  

For breakfast I've been eating fruit:  a delicious locally grown apple, an orange usually, strawberries.

for lunch, I was visiting family this weekend and had baked potatoes and salad greens and apple sauce and a wee bit of their sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce (they were from a can and probably had high-fructose corn syrup and god knows what else in them).    last week, lunch was soup (I think I had three bowls one day, that was too much and I got a stomach ache that night).

for dinner, collard green smoothies.  still have collard greens and kale in the garden.  I eat a delicious locally grown raw carrot too, partly because I want to have the satisfaction of chewing something

oh, I have a new favorite dessert (for a few days until I get tired of it):  a banana and a handful of walnuts.  I really like this.  weird, eh?  The relatives were eating ice cream and cake and I preferred mine.  But the cake was a mix you add only water to topped with a can of frosting, and the ice cream was sugar-free.  It didn't appeal to me.  Food with chemicals in it has no attraction for me anymore.

tomorrow lunch will be a picnic lunch consisting of a nice chickpea-avocado dip I made (from Dr. Fuhrman's website, or p. 151 of Eat for Health) and fresh veggies.  I was testing it out and I think I'll make it for my cooking class.   breakfast and dinner will probably be the usual.

I have some beets and sweet potatoes I want to eat--have an idea I want to try with the sweet potato but don't know when I  can squeeze it in.  maybe tuesday lunch.  then I have an overnight visitor and we'll go out to lunch on Wed. and I'll be cooking again for the class and then come home with more leftovers!   I don't like throwing out food.  I've gotten really good at not wasting food but I didn't account for all the cooking class leftovers when I did my grocery shopping.  

okay, so that's the food log:  fruit at breakfast, I still want to do the smoothies at dinner because I don't know, I like them, and they are nutritious, and then some veggies at lunch.

Blog Archive