nov. 22 food

Breakfast:  salad with apples and cranberries.  I used an idea from Dr. Fuhrman's latest telecon where he said you can get more lettuce on a plate if you smash a bunch in your hand and then slice it, so it's more shredded.  It really works.  so now my salad is even bigger.  
1 oz nuts.  some pineapple and grapes.

Late lunch, early dinner:  Creamy Borscht soup.  surprisingly good considering I overcooked it while I was out for several hours.  I forgot to tell housemate to turn it off while I was gone.    I ate way too much.  First I ate a bowl, then I remembered to try another idea from Fuhrman's telecon which is to eat your soup over salad (he wants you to eat a lot of salad).  So I scrunched up some spinach and slice it and then had my second bowl of soup over that.  I was going to stop there but then I was pouring the soup into plastic containers and they were a bit too full so I ate from them until they weren't too full (I was freezing one).  It was probably another bowl's worth!  that was too much.  then I still ate two oranges and a fair amount of grapes, so I definitely pigged out excessively.  It's silly to do this because then you feel too full.  Plus I have two more days to eat this stuff--I don't have to eat it all today!   okay, I'll be better tomorrow.   Oh, I noticed something else about my body.  My weight doesn't seem to vary much even when I overeat (I just poop more), but I notice my farts are stinky when I overeat.  So that's a good reason to not overeat, in addition to the waste, gluttony and discomfort of it all.  haha.

Blog Archive