nov. 29 food

Breakfast:  banana-blueberry walnut salad.  I didn't like this as much as before.  too banana-y.  now I wonder why that is.   maybe I had more salad greens than before so it was more like a salad than a banana-blueberry breakfast with some greens mixed in.

Lunch & Dinner:  I made several things for later in the week and snacked on them.  I made an eggplant-chickpea hummus dip for tomorrow's football game (only Fuhrman members can get to the recipe link, sorry).  It was good.  I made some of Dr. Fuhrman's Date Nut Pop'ems.  Oh my gosh, they are so good.  It's about half dates and half nuts/seeds.  I added some vanilla and carob powder.   I'd like to try coconut next time, wasn't brave enough to vary from the recipe this time.   This is way way better than those crappy cookies and muffins I ate yesterday.  Then for dessert I made baked apples with a cashew raisin topping.  The topping was too sweet and rich, even for me.  So I think I had more than my share of nuts today.  oh well.  I'll try to eat less nuts and more salad tomorrow.   

Blog Archive