mar 23 food

I was a bad veganbarbie yesterday (it's mar. 24 now).   I was preparing food for my vacation, and decided to make some (healthy) banana-raisin-oatmeal cookies from leangreenmama's blog.   She warned at the end, avoid this recipe if raisins are a trigger food.  Boy was she right.   I ate them all!   (I wish I didn't have to confess this but I'm trying to be honest about failures as well as successes).   I'm not even that big of a fan of these kinds of cookies.  They are just okay to me.   It's funny, I felt a splurge coming on on Friday.  On Saturday I splurged on the red beans and rice, and on Sunday, on these cookies.   So here's my food log for yesterday:

Brekky: smoothie

Lunch:  red beans and rice, kale and sweet potato sauce (without the nuts--it's better with the nuts but I wasn't hungry enough)

afternoon splurge:  entire batch of cookies (1 cup oats, 2/3 cup raisins, 2 large bananas, 2 oz walnuts).  

Late Dinner:  believe it or not, I still ate.  I was cooking all the food so as not to waste it so had a baked sweet potato and 2 baked beets.

I was uncomfortably full at bedtime.   Still full when I woke in the morning.   Oh, and here's the other funny thing:  I had just posted on the Fuhrman forums that using this cron-o-meter program to track my calories keeps me in line.  I jinxed myself!   oh well, practice makes perfect, time to get back on the horse.  sigh.

Blog Archive