Covenant Eyes. Com

Here is a great internet resource I found and highly recommend. I have tried various accountability and filter software over the years, but none seem to be ideal. I'm not sure how I found CE, but it has been amazing. I use it for filtering, but they have many services available, including accountability and monitoring software, as well as a blog and other support services.

The reason I am sold on the filtering service is that it does not just block websites, but actual images on a page or questionable links. So I can use the internet as I normally do, and if there's a pop-up that is inappropriate, or an ad in a website's margin, just that portion is "blocked out". Of course there are whole websites that are blocked out and I don't have to worry about clicking on some embedded link on some blog and getting an illicit site. I can also allow specific sites that I know and trust, which makes the service very user-friendly, yet safe.

The other component that I like, and really need, is the time limit feature. You can set the time that the computer, or a specific user, has access to the internet. For myself, who would stay up until all hours of the early morning just surfing, it's a great tool that keeps me disciplined to get to bed at a "reasonable" hour.

There is an override mechanism if you have a password, and a "Panic Button" if you are being tempted to look at inappropriate material [which means you have to call the customer service line to reactivate your connection]. Overall, it really is an amazing service. I plan to link this in the margin if you want to forward this on to friends or check back in the future.

Blog Archive