brussels sprouts and beets

This was just veggies from the fridge but I actually really liked it so am logging it as a recipe so I can remind myself later on:

Ingredients:
brussels sprouts, cut into 2-3 pieces each
1 beet, chopped
2 Tbsp currants (or raisins)
1 Tbsp ground sunflower or pumpkin seeds
1 tsp flavored vinegar (I tried pear this time)
1/2 cup frozen edamame (optional)
plate of chopped salad greens (lettuce, spinach, baby spring mix, arugular whatever)

Cook up the brussels sprouts and beet in a small amount of water and vinegar (add more if it boils down too much), for about 10 minutes I guess.  Then add the currants and ground seeds and edamame for another 5 minutes or until the brussels sprouts are tender.   Pour over the chopped greens.   Tastes surprisingly good!  who woulda thunk.

Blog Archive