It's magic!

I tried out my new pressure cooker today and it was...like magic!  I cooked rutagaba in 2 minutes!  That takes about 30 minutes in a regular pan to get tender.  I cooked asparagus at the same time, so also in 2 minutes!  These were thick ones and you know how long those take to get tender in a regular pan (about 30 minutes!).   I cooked carrots and broccoli and cauliflower and peas in 1 minute.  Holy cow.  This was too fun.  and easy to use.  I am going to have so much fun with this!   Meals are going to take even less time to prepare!   Not only that, they preserve more nutrients than steaming in a regular pan.  Thanks to leangreenmama for an informative post about pressure cookers.  I bought the one she bought, without bothering to research.  Here's the amazon link.   

Blog Archive