Susan Boyle and Heaven

I think Heaven is going to be a lot like this: (Watch and then I'll explain)

Here are the Lyrics (Make sure you read them):
[Fantine is left alone, unemployed and destitute]

[FANTINE]
There was a time when men were kind
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting
There was a time when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting
There was a time
Then it all went wrong

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
And they turn your dream to shame

He slept a summer by my side
He filled my days with endless wonder
He took my childhood in his stride
But he was gone when autumn came

And still I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.

Here's a little background:
"Miss Boyle revealed she was battling deep personal anguish as she sang the track from the West End stage show Les Miserables. It was the first time she had sung in public since the death of her mother two years ago [Remember, she is currently unemployed and never married].

The church volunteer from West Lothian said she could not bring herself to sing after the death of her mother Bridget, 91, in 2007.

Her performance on ITV1 on Saturday night was 'extraordinary', according to Simon Cowell.

Fellow judge Piers Morgan added that it was 'without a doubt the biggest surprise I have had in three years of this show'."
My Thoughts:
I can imagine heaven is going to be a billion moments of delight and awe in what will be a seemingly endless parade of unsuspecting lives streaming before the Throne of God to present what they have become, both through the trials of this life and the flames of refinement, and God shows off what he always knew was there and the rest of us just jump to our feet and praise GOD for His unfathomable ability to surprise us by his beauty and power in the least-expected places and ways!

I think, even as the end of the video shows, the biggest surprise will come from the one standing before the "judge" when they hear what comes out and how delighted God is in what they have become! The things impossible to see down here, will simply be humbling surprise that stun us to praise up there.
I can't wait for the "show" to begin.

Blog Archive