wo is me

warning:  graphic content ahead (vomiting and diarrhea).  So I woke up at 3:30 am and felt crappy and went into the living room with a blanket wrapped around me, and then I had to go "blow chunks."  I now understand that term applied to the act of vomiting.  I think one of the chunks lodged in my throat and has been burning there ever since.  God!  Then I had diarrhea the rest of the night, still do.  At least it isn't accompanied by cramps.  My bowls seem determined to get rid of everything.  And it's amazing how much stuff is in there.  

So how did this happened?  Well, I definitely overate.  I'm used to eating large volumes of low-calorie food but I ate about 5 medjool dates and probably 2 oz of cashews and 1 oz of walnuts (I put the walnuts in the dates), after I was full from dinner (I'm being totally honest here, which I hate!).  That's probably another 800 calories!  Then I topped it off a few hours later with a largish (not huge but not small) vegan chocolate chip cookie loaded with margarine, white flour, sugar, and chocolate fat.  I eat that stuff so rarely it's like a foreign substance to my body.  Maybe it was the straw that broke the camel's back.   Maybe it would have been okay to have had either the dates or the cookie.  I've heard other "healthy vegans" talk about how when they go off plan, they get really sick.  It's really true that my body can't handle this stuff anymore--at least in large quantities, though that's probably true for everyone.  

Now I missed my exercise class and today is my favorite workout (Brazilian Jutitsu exercises--propelling across a mat in every way except normal).  dammit.   oh well, I'll try to get some work done now.

Blog Archive