Feb 5 food

Brekky:  apple at grocery store (after exercise class), morning smoothie














Lunch:  beans, kale in turnip sauce, fruit salad (blueberries and strawberries).  The beans were just a little bit of this and that--every once in a while it's good to empty out your bean jars.  So it was some adzuki, pinto, and lima.  Added some onion and frozen herbs from last summers garden--couldn't tell which they were, just threw them into the pot about halfway through cooking.  It's hard to ruin beans.  














Dinner:  large salad with a new variation of the cashew-orange dressing.  This dressing was so good, and pretty much guilt-free so I drenched the lettuce.  yummy yummy.   The salad included lettuce, arugula, red bell pepper and a sliced apple.  The apple was unnecessary since the salad dressing was so good.   

oops:  later on, a banana and some cashews.  This is just me pigging out because I'm working on a proposal due on Friday and it's the last push.  In the old days I would have been drinking coffee, eating chocolate, and even smoking cigarettes.  Yep, I used to smoke cigarettes while working on proposals.  Well, they are a stimulant after all.  It was enjoyable.  It's sort of a habit for me to want to stimulate myself at these times.  So a banana and some cashews isn't so bad in that light.  I'm making progress.

Blog Archive