Feb. 3 food

Brekky:  small morning smoothie

Lunch:  steamed veggies and the rest of the eggplant-chickpea hummus.

disaster:  ate several of housemate's date nut pop'ems.  Worse than that, these are ones I modified to make them more appetizing to her--I added powdered sugar and cocoa.  So I did an experiment on myself by eating the refined sugar and cocoa.  I really have to stop doing experiments on myself!   I wrote a little log of my experience:  first I got a good buzz and felt good.  then 2 hours later I was crashing.  but I couldn't take a nap because of the caffeine from the cocoa.  the crashing made me want something but I wasn't hungry---but I see how you get addicted because you feel crummy and want to get the buzz again.  4 hours later I felt better but still had the caffeine buzz.   9 hours later I feel okay and I hope the caffeine doesn't keep me awake.  My face is red and blotchy.   Mary was just posting about refined sugar on her blog, about not only the health reasons but the ethical reasons to avoid it.  I think I will avoid it from now on.  [edited later:  I did sleep okay, not great, but good enough.  I still felt crummy the next morning from overindulging.]

Dinner:  arugula-apple salad.  carrot, orange, couple pieces of celery with almond butter (like I needed more nuts).

Blog Archive