Feb. 8 food

Brekky:  smoothie, apple, banana.  I'm glad I ate the extra fruit because I didn't eat lunch for another 5 hours.

Lunch:  apple-orange arugula salad.  really yummy.  baked sweet potato.  raw carrots and celery. 

Dinner:  kale with sweet potato sauce.  Three-bean chili.  That recipe is from a McDougall newsletter (scroll down the page to get to the chili recipe), by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau.   It's good and housemate likes it.  The sweet potato sauce was made after I burned the turnips.  I had turnips and leeks in a pan all ready to go and told myself, I'll wait until I'm ready to cook it to add water.  An hour later I was ready to cook it and forgot to add water.  So after that burned, I made this sweet potato sauce which is now my favorite.  Even housemate liked it and she doesn't like sweet potatoes much (which is why I was going to use the turnips...)

Blog Archive