sept. 06

brekky: smoothie, some frozen sweet corn

lunch: 2 ears of corn +avocado butter, black bean & corn salad, collard greens+onion+beets steamed in pressure cooker (good).

snacked while making housemate's smoothies and juicing some collard greens+beets+carrots+spinach+salad+celery+lemon+apples---basically veggies left in fridge before going out of town. This juicing was time consuming and didn't produce a very delicious result. I only like to eat stuff if it's delicious. I don't think I'll get into juicing veggies. I liked the cooked collard greens much better. and I would have rather eaten the apples then have them in this juice. I froze the juice into 12 oz bottles. They'll come in handy when I'm in a hurry. Like next weekend when I'm only home for 24 hours. hmm, I wonder if they could make a decent soup broth. oh, I snacked on some frozen bananas while making the smoothies.

dinner: black blean salad and the collards from lunch. then ate frozen sweet corn for dessert. I ate way too much of the frozen sweet corn! it's like a popsicle. I have been overeating way too much lately. it's strange that I haven't gained weight. I think it just goes out the other end, but it's not healthy and it wastes food and money. I need to change my approach and wait until I'm hungry to eat. Ever since I've been trying this regular meals with no snacking, it makes me behave strangely. When I ate the Standard American Diet, I never really overate. I was overweight due to what I was eating, but I didn't pig out like I do now. It's weird that now I'm inclined to pig out and I'm still thin. Okay, tomorrow I'll try to just eat when I'm hungry...

Blog Archive