fun with smoothies

Today I made extra special smoothies. I made 6 servings (about 16 oz I think) to freeze. I used 12 oz of spinach divided into three batches of 2 smoothies. They had their usual supplements too. And for a treat I used raw cashews instead of my usual seeds (1/3-1/2 cup for batch). Here were the variations; that is, along with the spinach and raw cashews, here are the fruit additions to each one:

1. fresh pineapple, mango, pear, and orange juice. Extremely delicious and a pretty lime green.















2: fresh figs, fresh-squeezed pomegranate juice, fresh pear, and 2 bags of frozen blueberries. I added 1 Tbsp date sugar. I forgot to take a picture but as you can guess, it was blue.

3: fresh pomegranate juice and orange juice (totaling 1 cup), 2 bags of frozen sweet cherries. I added 1 Tbsp of date sugar and wished I hadn't. It was already plenty sweet!

Here it is when I'm all done. You can see my mangled vita-mix plunger from one time when I forgot to use the rubber top to stop the plunger from hitting the blades. I need to order a new one. You can also see the mess at the end of the job.
















These are in the freezer covered with foil, to eat over the next few days.

Blog Archive