good beans

These are beans a visitor would love, at least the one who at my house today. that's because they have carrot juice in them.

Ingredients:
1-3 cups dried beans, soak over night.
1-2 onions
1-5 cups veggie juice, I used carrot, beets, and celery, but carrot is sufficient
water as needed
fresh or dried herbs (optional), e.g., cilantro, parsley, chives
juice of (small or 1/2 large) lemon or lime (0ptional)

Cook the beans, onions, and juice for a few hours. Add some dried herbs if you want. When the beans are done, if you have some fresh herbs, add them and some lemon/lime juice or flavored vinegar at the end, if you want. It's pretty easy except for the prep involved in juicing. actually the juicing is easy too, but cleaning my juicer is a bit of a pain but I'm having fun with it right now. My favorite variation of this is red kidney beans, carrot juice and onion. It's a great combination.

Blog Archive