Raising a Real Man in a Metrosexual World

Here's an article my roommate forwarded to me. I'm not sure of the source, so browse the link site at your own risk. But the article itself was pretty squarely recommendable.

I've been thinking about this for a while and this is probably just as good a post as any to start this. My nephew, James Roy Helmka III (currently just "Jimmy"), is the closest thing I have to a son at this point in my life. In many ways (and noticeable to even his parents) he is very much like me. We are pen-pals and I try to encourage him in his schoolwork, etc. Well, there are articles, books, or other interesting things I come across and think about him, whether for him particularly or for his parents on his behalf. As a result I have thought about starting a label called "Jimmy" for all these things.

So this article is really more for Jimmy's mom and dad, but I am creating the label for all things "Jimmy" that I come across that he may either find funny, helpful, or insightful to be a better boy, man, or Christian (and for his parents in his stead).

Blog Archive