Gun Free Zones!

 Ahhhhh - gun free zones!  Where safety runs unchecked and unstopped because it is about the safest place to be.....for criminals. 

Here's a woman who was a victim of a rape on campus because her school required her to leave her concealed handgun at home. 



http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/08/opponents-gun-free-zones-universities-unlikely-hero-nevada-woman/


I got reported on my university campus for carrying and the Provost came to talk to me in person and told me they have a no guns policy and I couldn't carry on campus.  Which was a lie.  I checked before I ever carried on campus.  NOTHING on a gun policy.  Anyways.  


Here's an excerpt from the article:


Nevada State Senator Michael Schneider, D-Las Vegas, fears guns in the hands of students will be disastrous.

"They are not trained professionals," Schneider said. "By the time any student could get a gun, when they were attacked by someone else with a gun if they went for their gun, it would be a bad outcome."

But author John Lott, who writes in support of gun rights, argues that at the 70 schools that allow students and faculty with permits to carry guns, "not one has experienced the type of harm predicted by opponents. Not a single permit holder on these campuses has been involved in a firearm accident or crime."

For Collins, the ban defies logic.

"I don't understand why (the state) trusts good, responsible people to be able to have their firearm across the street, and as soon as they cross an arbitrary line, they somehow lose all reason and ability to be able to be competent with that responsibility. It makes no sense to me at all."

Her main argument comes from self protection. "Everyone deserves a chance to defend themselves," she says. "The criminals who are intent on committing a crime don't care about what the rules and regulations are. The only ones that do are the law abiding citizens, and those are the ones who are permitted to carry everywhere else."

All these armchair quarterbacks with a D in front of their name - what's the D for?  Dumb?   Defenseless?  Dimwitted?  I can tell you personally as a veteran police officer, when the time comes, all your trajectories and theories go out the window and you got one thought on your mind is "me or you...I'm going home tonight.....its you....I'm going home tonight" and you got a choice to make and you don't have much time to do it and you'd better be ready. 

Let me illustrate something else to the Defenseless Dimwitted expert on guns.  Even experts have accidents.  But, are the criminals gun experts?  Does that make them safer than an amateur gun owning law abiding citizen?  I mean....really?  Or does the fact that they are determined to use the guns for harm make them dangerous....and therefore in need of being stopped by anyone willing to use a similar amount of force? 

Blog Archive