dec. 11 food

I'm still in my happy rut. brekky was late, 11:30 am, after yoga class. I was hungry, ate a giant grapefruit and a kiwi. then made lunch right away, which was beans & veggies & seeds. The veggies were broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and cabbage (local). I ate a few raw carrots. I ate too much, oops, so then wasn't hungry for dinner until 6:30 pm. had salad with sweet pea dressing. I ate raw carrots and the red bell pepper while preparing. Then the salad was just lettuce and dressing. It was huge and delicious. Finished off with 2 small apples (local).

I'm trying to buy local food where I can. Nowadays we are getting cabbage, beets, rutabaga, carrots, and apples. All of them are really good, better than the stuff shipped from far away.

I'm watching my nut/seed intake. I like 2 Tbsp with the big beans/veggie meal, and 2 Tbsp with the salad dressing. So that's about 1.5 oz. That's sort of a baseline, then I can eat more when the opportunity arises, like I'm at the co-op eating lunch and decide to get a handful of brazil nuts, or if I want some peanut butter/banana dip, etc. But if I keep the intake fairly low, that lets me fill up more on veggies and fruit, which I like a lot. And it seems easier to digest my meals and not feel overfull.

Blog Archive