june 14

Brekky:  wasn't too hungry, just snacked on the fruit salad I was preparing for my lunch potluck.  I probably had a full serving.  The fruit salad had strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, and grapes.  Oh yeah, I had a box of blackberries too (6 oz I think).  So yeah, I guess it was plenty of food.

Lunch:  at the potluck, the food was quite healthy.   I had my fruit salad + a delicious lettuce salad.  Then there was a black bean salad and a corn & asparagus dish.  I had small amounts of those--would have had more but I didn't want too much salt.    They were good.  I should point out the reason I'm sensitive to salt now is that since I don't add any to my food, my kidneys are used to retaining all the sodium I consume.   So when I consume a large amount, my body bloats up from retaining the sodium.  In contrast, most Americans excrete large amounts of sodium every day which is why their sweat is salty.  The kidneys have to work pretty hard to do this.  (I learned this from a Dr. Fuhrman telecon).

Dinner:  cabbage salad and the leftover fruit salad.  snacked on spinach, 1 carrot, and 1/3 cup frozen peas while preparing.  I guess I look at that as the first course.  The local spinach is so good I just love to eat it plain out of the bag.

I didn't snack today.  I felt hungry in my stomach  at 4 pm (according to Dr. Fuhrman, that is not real hunger, which you feel in your throat).  I told myself to wait, and went out and worked on turning and rearranging the compost pile, and then realized I wasn't hungry anymore.  Then I was hungry at dinner and it was good.   It really is easier to not snack, just eat 3 meals a day, and focus on your life and not food.

Blog Archive