Jan. 3 food

First day of my business trip.  

Breakfast:  arugula-apple-orange salad.  Ate this in Milwaukee airport in a slight rush before boarding a plane.  So I probably didn't chew enough. 

Lunch:  lots of fruit as I was not able to fix a salad yet but managed to stop at the farmer's market:  2 bananas and my daily portion of nuts (0.75 oz walnuts, 0.75 oz brazil nuts).  then a little later, 2 small apples, 2 small oranges, a carrot, some grapes.  Probably overate a bit

Dinner: lettuce topped with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.  Probably pretty low calorie but with all the fruit I ate earlier I wasn't that hungry, so it was just right.  I got some beans at the store so I'm all set for tomorrow but didn't feel hungry enough to have them at dinner.

I don't think I'll be posting my meals for the next few days as they should be what I posted here.  Plus I will be busy.  Oh, one thing that surprised me:  I'm in California.  I thought the produce I bought at the farmer's market was going to be great, since it's local.  It's not great, and my roommate informed me that's probably because a lot of it isn't local either this time of year, e.g., the strawberries, oranges and apples.  All were mediocre, even the carrots which I would have thought could be local.   It makes me really appreciate my co-op.  Their produce is expensive but it is really really good even when not local. It's totally worth it!  And carrots from Wisconsin are way better than the ones from California.  Who knew?   And to think I have a 5 lb bag at home in my fridge.  I meant to bring some but forgot.  

Blog Archive