Jan. 12 food

Breakfast:  apple and carrot.  wasn't hungry after the weekend nut over-consumption

Lunch:  1/2 bunch steamed kale with Russian fig dressing.  I didn't follow closely Fuhrman's recipe so I can say what I did:   blended a small garlic clove, small part of an onion, canned tomato (from the garden, drained), and I think it was about 1/4-1/3 cup pecans (would have used almonds but didn't have any), and Dr. Fuhrman's black fig vinegar.  This is really good and tastes kind of hot from the garlic.  dessert:  orange

Dinner:  thawed some soup from the freezer: black forest cream of mushroom (sorry, another fuhrman recipe).   ate this over steamed broccoli and cauliflower.  also had a carrot, celery stalk, a bowl of arugula and some red bell pepper.  and an orange for dessert.  I didn't even think to add the last of the russian fig dressing over the arugula.  darn, this would have been a good idea.  

I finally got hungry today before dinner and before bed.  That's good.  It's good to get hungry before you eat.  I'm going to eat a small smoothie tomorrow morning before going to my exercise class so it's okay to go to bed a bit hungry.  I sleep better when my stomach isn't too full.   I decided the solution to my breakfast being so close to lunch is to eat a small breakfast right when I get up, at 6:15 am!   So I definitely don't want to eat a late dinner.

Blog Archive