Jan 21 food

Brekkie:  small morning smoothie

Lunch:  baked sweet potato and cabbage salad.   This sweet potato was particularly good.  I just peel off the skin and mash it with a fork, no need for anything else.  Now I'm looking forward to my next one.  I ate a lot of the cabbage salad, probably too much, though I have to say I'm glad now because I'm still on campus at 6 pm, and will get home late.

Dinner (planned):  salad with banana walnut dressing.  I have ripe bananas and I've been eye-ing this recipe from the Fuhrman site for a while.  It has bananas, walnuts, raisins, and riesling raisin vinegar.  Sounds really weird but got good reviews.   But if I get home really late, maybe I'll just have cabbage salad and save this until tomorrow.  Edited later:  okay I did get home pretty late, but still made the banana walnut dressing.  It was a bit too sweet, would probably try it without raisins next time.  But it was still enjoyable, like having dessert on my salad.  Finished off with 2 small oranges.  This batch of oranges is not nearly as good as usual.   oh well, it will go fast and then I can hope for better.   The bananas are now a little past ripe so I froze the rest for smoothies (peel, break into pieces, put in individual plastic bags).

Blog Archive