Happy New Year

Welcome to 2009! I am continuing to reflect on 2008 and clarify where new effort needs to be applied in my Fight of Faith for 2009. But I did come across 2 resources from Between Two Worlds that are worth passing on to encourage you in your fight as well.

Here is a list of 10 Questions to as at the beginning of the year (or on your birthday).

Here is a site where you can sign up to receive daily emails with the Bible verses (from the ESV) in order to read though the Bible in one year. If you are more committed to checking your email than sitting down with your Bible (as some of us computer addicts can be), this is a great way to incorporate your reading and keep you accountable.

Finally, someone encouraged me to read something in John Calvin's Institutes, which I happen to own, and as I did, I thought this would be a book (actually 2 volumes) that I would like to read completely. Interestingly, I discovered that this is the 500 birthday of John Calvin and many institutions are celebrating in various ways. Among them, Princeton developed a reading plan to read through them in an entire year. You can even listen to them being read if you don't want to read them.

May 2009 be profitable for your faith.

Blog Archive