This call may be monitored or recorded...

As I called to pay my student loans today, the phone was answered with the usual yadda yadda yip yap routine of "this call may be monitored or recorded for quality enhancement purposes" or something like that.

I've found when I tell people "I was going to tell you the same thing" I usually get better service over the phone.

However, today the girl at the loan place when I told her I was recording the call said "I don't give you permission to record this call."

I said "In the state of Oregon I do not need your permission to record this call, only one individual needs to give consent and be informed and in this case that's me, I was just giving you the courtesy of telling you you're being recorded."

Her: "Well, sir, I have the right to terminate this call and I am doing that at this time."

Me: "Heeeheeeeeee! No way!"

Anyways - I called back and decided not to mess with the next lady, although it was in her notes that someone called about recording the call or something - I informed them I'm ex law enforcement yadda yadda and was just messing with her - what's good for the goose is good for the gander and all that jazz....I mean....how about the following which has floated around the internet for a while? 


Blog Archive