OREGON ROAD TRIP! RIPPLEBROOK! THREE LYNX! HARRIET LAKE! FROG LAKE!

Went on a drive with the kidlets today.  We've been SIIIICK for a week.  At any rate - today we got out a bit.  We intended to go up to Timothy Lake - but - alas!  There's snow! Still.  I got a new GPS for the van.  Its a Magellan from Costco - paid $80 for it.  The thing I like?  It gives altitude on it.  It's pretty superior to the Mio I have - but then the Mio's like 3 years old - has worked like a champ though.

At any rate, I don't have any pictures of Three Lynx or Ripplebrook - but I did notice some houses up there - looked like someplace I'd want to live.  Though I don't know about work in that area.  About the only thing to do is work on the hydrop projects or head to Estacada and work at Thriftway or Les Schwab or the Lumbermill or something like that. 

TROUT IDENTIFICATION SIGN
So - we diverted to Harriet Lake - never been there before.  I did some shooting with my .380 Bersa - shooting at a lake is a great way to get an idea for the range - at about 700 feet or so I was grouping my shots pretty nice around a stump in the middle of the lake.  There was nobody else there but me and the kidlets.

But as we drove farther on we found Frog Lake - after I found this pipeline along "Pipeline Road" - which was aptly named because there was...A PIPELINE ALONG IT!  Now I have to ask the question - was it named Pipeline Road because there's a pipeline next to it?  Or was it named Pipeline Road before that, and just for ease of location they decided to run the pipeline along it so they could keep the two together?

The pipeline seemed to feed into Frog Lake with a "Reverse Glory Hole" of some sort - but all of this was some project by PGE (Portland General Electric) for the Oak Grove Hydro Electric Project....http://www.flyfishusa.com/about-our-waters/lakes/harriet-lake/harriet-lake.htm

Harriet Lake
Anyways, I don't know what the pipe was doing as it went up the top of a hillside at some point and ended at a tower on a cliff almost - very strange.  Can't figure it out looking on the internet but - here's the pics anyways for now.   You can click on them and they blow up fairly nicely
Clackamas River Oak Grove Fork....
I was aiming at and hitting that FAR stump out there with the .380 Bersas
An American Outhouse from Oregon - for those of you who regularly read from overseas if you're interested....
House #2....whatever that is on the thing - they all have telephone going to them - but I couldn't see inside it does look like there's a valve inside though from the bottom
Rachel trying to hear what's in the pipe
Matthew touching a waterfall
Pipe running off in the distance out from under gravel with handrail accoutrements in distance
Pipe showing its self out from under grass
Pipeline level among green and rust foliage accompanied by snow
REVERSE GLORY HOLE!
CLOSER UP OF REVERSE GLORY HOLE!
Ah....now I get it.....
Harriet Lake Dam seen through scrub ~110 years old....
Pipe meandering up hillside with dirt surroundings
Pipe with a head fake to the right and up more hillside....

One of many "houses" that sat on the pipe....this is number 5....

Apparentlly how the water gets out of Frog Lake....under this thing......and on down the river.....


Close Up Of Le Pipe - on the side is le road that I drove le car on


Nice Place...has a deck....fresh running water....overlooking a giant cliff....no windows but nice place...

Blog Archive