Deep Conversations Make Us Happy

I have found this to be true in my own life, but now there's a study to support my own experience. I always have felt recharged after a long, personal conversation with a close friend. I guess I always just thought it was "just me", but it seems there's more to it than that. I think this is also why people still feel so isolated and lonely even with the increased, but shallow connectivity with today's technology. Real relationship doesn't happen over FB, Myspace, or Twitter. It happens over the phone, in a letter, or over coffee. According to the study:
"But, he proposed, substantive conversation seemed to hold the key to happiness for two main reasons: both because human beings are driven to find and create meaning in their lives, and because we are social animals who want and need to connect with other people."
So this might actually imply you should sacrifice updating your FB status and pick up the phone instead, if you want to be happier.

Blog Archive