Amercian College Students/Graduates: Stupid? Anti-American?

As a college graduate working towards my doctoral degree - and as a military veteran I can say I've never been that impressed with college students.  They are actually among the stupidest people I've ever worked with.  Why?  Lots of reasons.   Obviously this doesn't apply to them all, but here's an article I recently sent to my advisor - an article written about the disadvantages of an ivy league education: http://www.theamericanscholar.org/the-disadvantages-of-an-elite-education/

In my undergraduate education I have found college students to be those not smart enough to hack it without the crutch of a college degree.  Unenlightened, uninitiated, they don't have the skills or smarts to rise up from the bottom.  They have to be put at the top and usually do so through the influence of friends and colleagues.   They didn't learn how to influence at the bottom and now - the only influence they will have at the top will be being in charge but without originality and the skills to truly direct.  And I've worked for these people - a graduate of Yale and Cornell.  And I hated it.  Absolutely hated it.  They.  Were.  Clueless.

So also is it for the college students who only have lived in the U.S. and consider a backpacking trip to the National Parks of Tibet to the the summum-bonum of worldly experience - clueless.


http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/20/wounded-iraq-vet-gets-heckled-columbia-university-speech/

Here we have a military veteran who's seen another side of life. A side few of us ever see.   Who see the strife and conflict that is hidden from civilians and taken off in the worldly realm of conflict and combat.   He's been shot 11 times and was in the fight of his life.....and you have college students telling him.....he's a liar - a racist - a fraud.

Does that sound like critical thinking to you?  And unfortunately the majority of college students are led by the revolutionaries of the 1960's who's enlightenment came from pot and radical music at the time.....

However, rather than simply dismiss them all as idiots, I'm picking up the title of Doctor and am going to work to bring down the system from within - lol - and teach my own classes.

Blog Archive