tomorrow's meals











I’ve enjoyed all the fabulous local produce we got in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, but it was all gone by today (except the carrots, yea!), and I was hungry. So I admit I was looking forward to buying some California berries and pomegranates, Columbian bananas, and New Zealand kiwis at the Whole Foods in Portland, Maine—fortunately they also had a lot of local produce too, which I bought. My travel companion just got a small container of potato salad, and I asked her how she can resist buying and eating everything in sight. She said she prefers my salads to anything they prepare there. Now after preparing tomorrow’s feast, I think she’s right. These babies contain the following (from bottom of the bowl to top): kale, broccoli, cauliflower, purple cabbage, juice from a lime, bok choi, romaine lettuce, cucumber, kiwi, raspberries, strawberries, banana, chick peas, pumpkin seeds, sugar snap peas, celery, and carrots. Yum!

Total calories for the three meals will be: 1391, protein 66 g (19%!), total fat is 25g which comes out to 17% which might be a little low for me.

Blog Archive