Men And Women at Blockbuster

I took a usual stroll "down the wall" of new releases at Blockbuster the other night. Behind me in the procession was a young couple in their 30's. At one point the woman pointed to a video she had apparently been telling her man about, suggesting he consider it. He simply stated outloud - "It's a foreign film. Does that mean I have to read it?" At this his woman walked away, and he and I laughed out loud. He looked at me for support, saying "Did I just state the obvious? Isn't that what you would think?" I agreed and he went to find his woman to smooth things over, I would assume.

Well they came back my way as I had moved further down the wall and this time he pointed to a movie, explaining, "It's sort of a documentary." I didn't hear any response from her, but again she looked at the movie cover and walked away. Hearing the word "documentary", I interjected, "So does that mean the soundtrack sucks?" At this the man and I laughed out loud again.

Well, I made my way to the check out and happened to be right behind the couple. I didn't say anything but observed under the man's arm they had come to agree on the movie "What Happens in Vegas"! For those not familiar with this romantic comedy, it's basically about a couple who gets married in Vegas one night, but instead of allowing them to get divorced when they sober up and realize what they did, the judge forces them to stay married for 6 months first.

So much for cultural or educational viewing. But they tried. And I got a kick out of watching it.

Blog Archive