Follow up on Mevacor and Holiday Wishes

Good evening and Happy Holidays from the Department of Health Policy. I wanted to let our readers know that my comments at the recent FDA Advisory Board Public Hearing were picked up by the wire services and appeared in literally hundreds of media outlets, including scores of newspapers across the nation. I tongue in cheek suggested that they should put Mevacor in the nation's water supply and this also engendered some angry comments (from die hard public health types who said that it could cause birth defects if pregnant women were to drink the water!!).Anyway, I stand by my testimony which will appear in more detail in an upcoming issue of the journal, Pharmacy and Therapeutics. I also wanted to take this time to wish all of our readers a very happy and health holiday season and a great New Year. All the best, DAVID B. NASH MD,MBA